WordPress Security Checklist
Here’s a simple checklist for WordPress owners and owners. WordPress is one of the most popular web site platforms because of it’s simplicity of usage however it has its own problems hide my wp, and it’s due to its popularity which hackers use this platform to try to inject their malware and malicious scripts. WordPress Security is now essential now to protect not just your site but your brand standing.
Frequently WordPress owners are unaware that their site was hacked. Just because your site was hacked it does not automatically mean that you will observe a strange picture when you get your site. Hackers often disguise the fact they’ve hacked your website since they’ve injected a mailbot and therefore are spamming from the IP address.
Use our checklist for the bases of great WordPress Security
1. Clean and eliminate malware, spyware and viruses out of the PC/Mac prior to entering the backend of your WordPress setup
2. Backup your site before you do anything, this is easily achieved by means of Backup Buddy.
6. Don’t make it effortless for the hackers.
7. Only have the theme you’re using installed and keep that up to date.
8. Do you truly need them or are they development places. Should youn’t require the folders delete them.
9. Your Hosting Company – Make certain that you are using a hosting company that specialises in WordPress installations.
10. Double Layer Authentication – Use an additional layer of security.
Whilst the checklist above is not an exhaustive list, it’s a foundation level of security. Protection is the onset of the procedure, monitoring your website on a daily basis is vital. We realise that lots of website owners just dont have time or the knowledge, thus we provide 3 services which is found in the resources section below.
We hope you’ve discovered this checklist useful.